…with a bit of self nurture and care to feel ready to take on whatever comes your way.
- Shower everyday! It is important to maintain or even establish a structure in your day to day life. A shower refreshes your body and your senses and tells you body it is time to get in motion for the day!
- Wash your face twice a day even if you are not wearing makeup. With the cortisol coursing through all of our veins with the fear and uncertainty. Our skin will tend to be oilier, buildup dead skin more quickly, and can harbor stress acne bacteria so it is important that you washing your face is a non-negotiable!
- Let your skin breathe makeup free. This is the time to see if makeup is clogging your skin! Many of us do not have to wear makeup with switching to zoom conference calls, face times, etc. In fact, video chats with great skin is a healthy skin status symbol and gives colleagues more confidence in your self care and well being. This may be a time to review your makeup and do some spring cleaning. Quality makeup should have skin enhancing benefits so your skin can be its best with or without it!
- Be diligent about your skincare routine, and add in a weekly exfoliation treatment. In order to maintain your skin while you are unable to go to your monthly spa treatments, it is important to challenge your skin and keep it active and regenerating so your skin does not start to go backwards. We are still biologically aging and we want to keep our skin headed in the right direction!
- Integrate yoga (stretching/keeping your joints healthy) 20-30 min., meditation/deep breathing exercises 5 min(keeping your diaphragm healthy and your nerves calm, and go for a walk outside (keep a healthy dose of Vitamin D in your body through sunlight exposure). All of these physical musts keeps your immune system healthy and circulation moving through your body which allows your lymph system to function at its best!
Self care takes effort and a bit of creating a routine. Take one day at a time. Check mark your achievements and with some perseverance, regular habits, and a positive outlook, you will be able to see the good that can come out of a self quarantine!