How to know which colors look best on you? The lipstick selfie test will tell you if you are warm, cool, neutral warm, or neutral cool.
One of the most important decisions you make each day is which color to wear. It can transform your mood, make a memorable first impression or leave a lasting impression and even make you look years younger. Have you ever felt a great in a specific color, sensing it is the right color for you? Now with our quick lipstick-selfie test, you can discover your best colors in just minutes! Follow these simple steps:
- Purchase red lipsticks in the following categories: warm (orange-red/paprika shade), cool (blue red/magenta), warm neutral (coral shade), and cool neutral (rose shade).
- Apply each lipstick shade near a window or outdoors in the natural daylight and take a selfie with each lipstick on.
- Swipe the pictures back and forth glancing to see which one looks the best with your skin tone. The shade of lipstick that is the winner will make your face appear brighter, smoother, and more even toned. The shades that do not look the best will make your face appear paler, blotchy, and more textured.
- There may be two shades that are tough to choose between. If so, than you might look good in both and you may have more variety of colors you can wear which makes you super lucky!
- Once you have determined the best lipstick shade or shades then it becomes very simple to choose your colors that look best on you.
- For example– if you look great in the warm lipstick, then you most likely look best in warm colors. Think sunrise colors, or any colors that have a warm, golden feel, like autumn shades, such as brown.
- For example– if you look great in the cool lipstick, then you most likely look best in cool colors. Think icy colors that have a blue tone or jewel tones colors, along with pure black
- For example– if you look great in the neutral warm lipstick, then you most likely look best in neutral warm shades such as sunset colors, spicy or tropical colors, along with espresso.
- For example– if you look great in neutral cool lipstick, then you most likely look best in cool shades such as dusk colors, pewters, maroons, sage greens, along with greys.
Discovering your best palette is exciting and it opens up a world of possibilities in your wardrobe, makeup, hair colors, nail colors, and accessories! Start exploring your new found palette and explore the amazing excitement color has to offer!